11/11/10

Day 6

This is very quickly becoming my favourite part of the day. It's strange how much I really missed this...I tried to do the "right" thing and get up early to do my devos, but in the end I was just plain discouraged because, let's face it, I am not a morning person. I would really like to be, but it's just not for me. In fact, I rarely come alive until after 10pm. Therefore, giving God the half hour before bed is actually giving Him my best time of day. ...Well, unless I've waited so long that I'm falling asleep all over Matthew (the book, not some random man in my room). Anyways...I really missed this.


Ps. 122; 1 Cor. 9-11

Psalm 122:1 - "I was glad when they said to me, 'Let us go to the house of the Lord.'"
Is this not what I just said?! Except...well, slightly different. But really! Ah, the sense of humour once again.

1 Corinthians 9:16 - "For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel."
Go Paul! I actually just wrote something so similar to this in my paper tonight, about how I have to do the ministry God has called me to. Without doing so, I will just be a mess of regret and what-could-have-been's.

1 Corinthians 9:27 - "...but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified."
What is the point if I do everything I am supposed to do, and then fail myself in the end? Run the race with endurance, Leanne. It'll be worth it.

1 Corinthians 11:32 - "But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord in order that we may not be condemned along with the world."
Discipline from God is good...take it.

1 comment:

  1. "Well, unless I've waited so long that I'm falling asleep all over Matthew (the book, not some random man in my room"
    probably the best line i have ever heard!!!
    im glad your doing devotions daily! i try to, and your encouraging me to do it daily just by doing it daily yourself :)

    ReplyDelete