11/8/10

Day 2

So, two days in a row. This must be some kind of record.
I want to do this better...I want to do it right. I should make some kind of commitment to spending time with God outside of this half hour chunk every night. What I really want to do is go on walks with Him. I should invest in an umbrella, a good raincoat, and a coffee and just...walk with Him :)


Job 31, 32; Gal. 5, 6

Job 31:15 - "Did not He who made me in the womb make him, and the same One fashion us in the womb?"
This verse is talking about in disagreements how God would not favor one over the other. God is just, and could not be so if He did not operate in absolute truth with absolute justice. His grace is an ocean unto itself, so why is that not enough? Why, after all the grace shown to me, do I turn around and ask God not to show that same grace to someone who has wronged me?

Galatians 5:1 - "It is for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."
I was randomly writing the other day, and it was on the subject of freedom. "Freedom is never free, as the cost is never less than blood, love, or soul." He set us free to walk in the freedom He bought. He paid for it with so much more than His life; the price will never be fully comprehensible to us. So don't turn back! Don't be the Israelites who cried out again to be slaves rather than walk in faith that God's freedom would be better if they would only trust.

Galatians 5:24 - "Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."
I am not my own because I belong to Him. The flesh no longer lives, but claws its way to the surface trying to regain strength by whispering the small things into my ears until the big things seem as nothing. But He died to save me from myself! Hallelujah!


Catch-up:
Acts 19

No comments:

Post a Comment