11/16/10

Day 10

Celebration! There is no "percentage complete" to be reckoned, but it's been 10 days and I have stayed faithful to my promise. A few days I did not stay completely true to the half hour mark, but from now on it's non-negotiable, no matter how uncomfortable it makes others. God is revealing Himself...and maybe, slowly, it's beginning to change me.
And I'm really sad to be finishing Job...it's one of my all-time faves and it's sad to think that unless I'm doing extra reading it'll be a whole year.


Job 41, 42; 2 Cor. 1, 2

Job 41:11 - "Who has given to Me that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heaven is Mine."
I have nothing to offer Him. How foolish to think that anything in my possession is not His, to be used and given and kept as I see fit. Everything is His, on lend to me as long as He chooses. I have nothing. There is nothing to give and He owes me nothing.


Catch-up:
Acts 26; Ps. 114

Acts 26:8 - "Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?"
This has always been a thought of mine when the Sadducees would argue against resurrection from the dead in the gospels. Is it too great a thing for God to do? Is it outside His character? Is it sin or an evil act? Then I do not understand why it is seen as incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment