11/7/10

Day 1

I am going to do things slightly different this time.
I am reading from the reading program, have been for several months, but the last few weeks have been a strain.
In order to not get discouraged, I will simply forget about days I miss and go back when I have extra time. Except that I won't miss. I've made a commitment with God to spend 30 minutes every day with Him. I cannot afford to miss.
I will also journal different. I need to stop doing this the way I should and do it for me.


Job 30; Ps. 120; Gal. 3, 4

Job 30:20 - "I cry out to Thee for help, but Thou dost not answer me."
I do not feel heard. I feel abandoned.

Haha, oh irony.
Psalm 120:1 - "In my trouble I cried to the Lord, and He answered me."
If this is Your way of answering me, You have quite the sense of humour...as always.

Galatians 4:16 - "Have I therefore become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
I am so tired of fake relationships where we cannot just be honest with each other. Sure if I am choosing to sin and liking it, I won't appreciate someone calling me out in the moment, but I know I will later. That is why I am honest with others too. I would rather do that and have it out of my hands than to see and do nothing. I care too much not to.


Catch-up:
Job 15

Job 15:11 - "Are the consolations of God too small for you, even the word spoken gently with you?"
I give up on Him too easily. Sometimes I don't even try to hear Him anymore. So what exactly am I waiting for? Who could ever come along with greater consolation than His?

No comments:

Post a Comment