11/9/10

Day 3

Persevering, even when I don't feel Him.


Job 33; 1 Cor. 1-3

Job 33:4 - "The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
In Systematic Theology this week we discussed roles of the Trinity and someone asked about the Spirit's role in creation. Apparently He was played a key role.
Also, this gave me the picture of mouth-to-mouth, my life coming straight from Him. Super cool.

Job 33:13 - "Why do you complain against Him, that He does not give an account of all His doings?"
Who am I to ask God to explain Himself to me? How could I even possibly understand if He were to begin? He is God, and I most certainly am not.

1 Corinthians 1:18 - "For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
It was at the cross that Christ gained power over death, even though it seemed that death had conquered Him. Worldly wisdom calls this foolishness, but we need to know better! His wisdom is far better than ours could ever be.

1 Corinthians 3:3 - "For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?"
"Mere men" suggests that we are capable of so much more in Christ. If we truly have the mind of Jesus (2:16), then it is possibly to be more than just men, slaves to our fleshly lusts. He has given us so much more.

1 Corinthians 3:18 - "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become foolish that he may become wise."
This is one of my huge stumbling blocks. It was actually pointed out to me by a teacher, in love, who barely knows me yet that this will probably be a hard thing to overcome for me. I like to know things, I like to be right, and I like to be proved wrong so I can believe what is right and know why. This, however, can turn into a huge issue of pride very quickly.


Catch-up:
Acts 20

No comments:

Post a Comment