11/16/10

Day 11

I just spent about 6 hours breathing in another religion which, unfortunately, tries to tie in Christianity. As a result, I am super excited to just drench myself in real Truth.


2 Cor. 3-6

2 Corinthians 3:5, 6 - "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
I love the word "adequate" because it perfectly fits: that is exactly what we are, adequate. But sometimes we even fall short of such a small word as adequate, in this case by choosing to still live under the old covenant of living by the letter of the law. When I am not careful, I fall within that category. It is not at all that I believe in the old covenant as a way to salvation; rather, I place unnecessary burden where it is not needed. I am so sorry for this, for all I bring is death.

2 Corinthians 3:18 - "But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."
We no longer have to be in fear as Moses was that the glory would fade from his face; he veiled himself so that the people would not see it disappear. But! Because we are transformed from glory to glory, it will not fade. There is no fear. And best yet, the image we are being transformed into continually is that of our Saviour.

2 Corinthians 4:9 - "[We are] persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed...."
I feel like highlighting this entire chapter because it's so good, but here's one of the big ones. He does not forsake us in our persecutions! I am so thankful that I have never had to endure real persecution, but it is such a comfort to know that if I ever do, it is not because He has abandoned me. And though I am struck down (which, if you read my other blog, feels like a common occurrence), it is NOT the end of me! Remember Jeremiah 5:18!

2 Corinthians 4:16 - "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day."
If I had all the time in the world, I would go into the next three verses as well! So wonderful. But this one...it has always touched my heart. I may see the world around me falling apart, my very body literally falling to pieces, but I can take heart that the part that matters is only growing stronger amidst the affliction.

2 Corinthians 5:15 - "He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."
When we become alive in Him, we must die to the flesh. It is only when we die with Him that we live with Him also. He died for me, therefore I must live only for Him.


Catch-up:
Job 18, Acts 27

1 comment: