11/19/10

Day 13

Today, for the kabillionth time in six months, I heard a message on Moses, his calling, and the wilderness. I am so tired of the wilderness and hearing about it. I want out.


Ps. 124; 2 Cor. 11-13

2 Corinthians 12:9 - "And He said, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
When I am at my weakest, broken and trembling and without a thing, that is when He can use me powerfully. When I am emptied of all that holds me back from Him, I can be that vessel He longs to use. I long to be used.

2 Corinthians 12:21 - "I am afraid that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may mourn over many of those who have sinned in the past and not repented of the impurity, immorality and sensuality which they have practiced."
A faith without repentance is dead. Even Satan believes in God, as do his demons. Jesus tells us to repent and believe. And, not either/or. These are the things I have struggled with greatly in the past, so it rings so true in my life. My repentance just needs to keep on truckin'.

2 Corinthians 13:5 - "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you - unless indeed you fail the test."
Paul is writing to believers! The sinner's prayer is not enough. Sanctification is a process, just as salvation is not a one time moment. We are called to constantly examine if we are still walking with God according to His terms.


Catch-up:
Job 19; Mark 1, 2

Job 19:25 - "And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth."
Job calls God his redeemer long before God comes to redeem. In fact, Job is looking to redemption in the next life because he does not see it happening in the present. What amazing faith to look at the shambles of his life and believe that God will win in the end and vindicate Job in justice.

Mark 1:18 - "And [Simon and Andrew] immediately left their nets and followed Him."
There was no second thought, no worry over leaving their lives behind, no hesitation. They heard the call and immediately took it to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment