11/18/10

Day 12

Excuse: my blogger was TOTALLY messed up last night. I tried to post and it was not happening.


2 Cor. 7-10


2 Corinthians 7:6a – “But God, who comforts the depressed, comforted us....”

He doesn’t not see me. He sees me. He comforts me. I am not alone.


2 Corinthians 7:10 – “For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow of the world produces death.”

Sorrow is not always bad! The kind that God gives us in regards to our own sin, in particular. My repentance as a result of the sorrow is the good fruit that proves it was the right kind of sorrow. Hoooorah.

2 Corinthians 10:5 – “We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.”

This is what I was just reading about! It is the personal responsibility of every believer to know their faith for themselves and to stand upon the truth of the Bible. This includes all knowledge we have of God. Oh, and take those thoughts captive! Each one is a danger if it is allowed to multiply to two, three, eight thoughts. One is enough, thanks.

Catch-up:

Acts 28

No comments:

Post a Comment