11/10/10

Day 4

If anyone actually reads this, please, if you ever see that I missed a day, talk to me about it. I need that kind of accountability.


Job 34; 1 Cor. 4-6

Job 34:29 - "When He keeps quiet, who can condemn? And when He hides His face, who then can behold Him, that is,, in regard to both nation and man?"
I don't hear Him right now - and when I do, it seems to be trivial things, which is silly to think because as if God has ever said a trivial thing! - and I don't know if that is because He is silent or I refuse to hear Him. But who am I to say anything against Him, even if He is keeping silent? If I don't see Him in the desert...my only job is to seek Him; if He wants to be found, He will be.

1 Corinthains 6:12 - "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything."
The things that I consider "my rights" are usually the things that do not profit me one bit. In fact, they end up mastering me instead of the other way around. I need to stay focused! Eye on the real prize, baby!

1 Corinthians 6:20 - "For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God with your body."
Wow. The price? Jesus' emptying of so many things to be on my level; Jesus' blood; His life, His body. He gave His for me. I am not my own.


Catch-up:
Job 16; Acts 21

Acts 21:13 - "Then Paul answered, 'What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but even to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.'"
I need to be careful to be the kind of person who never discourages someone from doing what God has asked them to do. I do not want to quench the Spirit on behalf of someone else. This is also a lesson in ignoring the pleas of others to not go where God has called. It is heartbreaking to hear what part of me desperately wants to hear, when I know in the depths of my soul that I will do what He has asked anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment