11/29/10

Day 21

So if you actually read this and note the inconsistency in my chapters...it's because I'm really bad at reading. And math.


Mt. 28; 1 Th. 1-3

I Thessalonians 2:4 - "...but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men but God, who examines our hearts."
As soon as we become disciples, the call is to make more. This means we are then entrusted with the gospel. How often do I look on it as such a lofty calling? Rarely, if ever. The pleasing of men will count for nothing in the life to come, but the pleasing of God will always bring joy. He examines us, and He knows. I can do nothing to hide from Him.


Catch-up:
Job 21; Mk. 5

Mark 5:19 - "And [Jesus] did not let [the now healed demoniac come with Him], but He said to him, 'Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.'"
What an amazing testimony this man must have had! And rather than taking him along for the ride and allowing him to attest to Jesus along the road, Jesus had him go back to his own people and talk about Him. I think this bears a strong message for a lot of Christians: stop trying to "go" with Jesus, and recognize that He's with you where you are! Instead, tell your story to the people around you and let God work in their lives through your testimony.

Mark 5:25-27 - "And a woman who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years, and had endured much at the hands of many physicians, and had spent all that she had and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse, after hearing about Jesus, came up in the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak."
In FS a few weeks ago we were given several Bible people and were asked to choose the one we most identify with. I chose this woman. She had literally been the walking dead for twelve years; as an outcast because of her uncleanliness, she would have had no social life whatsoever and must have felt like absolutely nothing. And then Jesus comes into town. So she makes her way through the crowds, risking her life because she was making others unclean who could stone her for it (but what did she really have to lose, anyway?), and puts all her bets on this all-in. I have felt like the walking dead for a year and a half. When will I get to the point where I literally have nothing left to lose and "risk" it ALL on Him? Sometimes I think I'm there, and sometimes I just think I'm crazy for not doing it already. I want Him, I'm crazy about Him! His cloak is right there, and I'm just sitting, waiting, hoping it will brush up against me. Reach out and touch it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment