11/21/10

Day 14

I missed a day. All-nighter writing a paper, I crawl into bed and my last thought is "dang I didn't do devos!" BUT. I am not going to beat myself up about it.


Mt. 5-7

Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."
This is my desire. I want to be satisfied in Him. I was praying tonight for the strength to honour myself and some other people in my life, but at the end of the list I came to God, and oh! how I wanted to honour Him! I want to be righteous and to be satisfied in that hunger.

Matthew 5:40 - "And if anyone wants to sue you, and take your shirt, let him have your coat also."
I read this and almost skipped over it so I wouldn't have to think about it. If someone pulled a knife on me and asked for my wallet, would I offer my jewelry also? It sounds insane, but Jesus says that the wisdom of the wisest is as foolishness to Him.

Matthew 6:15 - "But if you do not forgive men, then your father will not forgive your transgressions."
Ouch. I was just thinking about that in the car, and I realized there is someone I need to let off the hook. I will not let him know or let my defenses down, but I need to forgive him without thinking of what is fair. Thank God that He is not fair!

Matthew 7:6 - "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
The things God is revealing me...I need to hold them closer to my heart. I cannot be so candid because I will get trampled. I need to treasure it for myself until it's time to put on a display :)


Catch-up:
Job 20

No comments:

Post a Comment