2/20/09

Day 31 - February 20/09

Judges 9

Abimelech, Gideon's son, decides to be King. He kills his 70 brothers, except Jotham, so that no one can claim the throne. God eventually gets vengeance by killing him after allowing Abimelech to slaughter those in an evil city.

All of the good that Gideon left behind, his 70 sons and his legacy, are smashed by the son of his slave girl. This is a perfect example of how storing up treasures on earth is pointless, because it can so quickly be taken away.

What is on earth is not permanent. If I put more store in the legacy I leave behind than in what I store up with my Father in Heaven, then I've missed the entire point. What is here today has every chance of being gone tomorrow, but what I do for Jesus is never wasted.

God, thank you that you have already set up a place for me where I can be safe from rust and decay. You've given me life abundant, but this isn't when I'm meant to store my worth. Thank you for how you've made me. I don't understand your thoughts, I can't even pretend to, but thanks for giving me a glimpse.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment