2/1/09

Day 15 - February 1/09

Psalm 105

This passage is all about remember how wonderful God is, and being glad that He is so good. The psalmist recounts the plagues of Egypt and how God redeemed His people and made His name known throughout the land. At the end, it says that He gave the land that was promised to the Israelites "so that they might keep His statutes and observe His laws" (105:45a).

God didn't deliver the Israelites into a land of their own so that they could worship false gods, do as they pleased, or be "happy." He is concerned with a life lived in obedience and reverence for Him.

I've finally faced up to the convictions God has been laying on my heart. He did not give me breath in my body to use it for however I deem fit; He has such amazing plans for me, if I will only surrender to His will and let go. Unless my hands are open, how can He put anything into them? But that means letting go of what I was holding onto so tightly and letting Him have the steering wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment