2/15/09

Day 27 - February 15/09

Proverbs 2

How to attain wisdom and fear of God:
- store up the commands of Proverbs in your heart
- turn your ear to wisdom
- apply your heart to understanding
- call out for insight
- cry aloud for understanding

God gives wisdom to those who ask for it. When we cry out for it, long for it, and apply it when given, God graciously gives it. He does not require much, just a willing heart and the humbleness to ask.

Wisdom is something I have always sought after, but I've never really been sure how to gain it. Over time I've found verses that point toward it, but this is pretty clear. Getting myself to a place of fearing God is another thing that's been on my mind a lot, so this is giving me lots of ponder.

God, I don't know how to fear You. I don't even know what it would look like. Show me?

No comments:

Post a Comment