3/3/09

Day 32 - March 3/09

Judges 10 (and back from California)

This chapter takes a slightly different twist on the previous cycle. The Israelites do evil and worship foreign gods, they are enslaved, and they cry out to God. Normally at this point, God would raise up a judge to deliver them; however, God says that He has always saved them and is tired of it. He tells them to cry out to the other gods they have chosen to worship and see what good they will do. Finally, the Israelites respond the right way and get rid of their foreign gods and only worship the Lord, crying out to Him in their pain. Because of this, He decides to deliver them.

Even though they are still suffering and God hasn't answered their prayers, the Israelites turn from their foreign gods. That takes faith and hope, trusting that God will come through for them if only they will obey Him.

God gives me chances time and time again, but at some point I think He may hit a point and tell me I'm too stubborn, and I should seek the "gods" I've been worshipping and go to them to make me whole. I need to practice giving up my sin even while I'm in the worst of things, trusting that He will deliver me.

God, please help me to trust you. I suck at giving up my sin until you come right up in my face and tell me to change my ways. I don't want to be that person anymore. Help me, please.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment