2/19/09

Day 30 - February 19/09

Judges 8

Gideon defeats the Midianites, and in return Israel asks him and his family after him to rule over the country. He humbly rejects their offer and says that only God rules, but instead takes gold from his army and from the kings they defeated in payment. He had the gold melted down into an idol that his family struggled with, because they were inclined to worship it.

Gideon was trying to be so noble and bring honour to God instead of himself, and he ended up failing miserably. He turned to value money more than God, and brought his family into temptation as well.

I don't like to think that I put money in front of God. I am so thankful that He has given me a heart that does not hold on to wealth, but is eager to give to Him. I never want this to change. And I always want all the glory to go to Him.

God, forgive me when I put other things before you. Help me to walk in Your will and not to fall in love with money. You're the only one I want to live for.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment