1/31/09

Day 14 - January 31/09

Joshua 15

This is an account of the borders of the land of Judah, given by God as their inheritance. It also lists all the cities and towns within their land. Then, at the end, this verse: "Now as for the Jebusites, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the sons of Judah could not drive them out; so the Jebusites live with the sons of Judah at Jerusalem until this day. (15:63)"

My question is why they were not able to be driven out? Did the Judahites simply become too lazy, or were they afraid of going to war against a tiny outpost of people? I'm just wondering why they did not trust God and drive out all nations as He told them to.

Then I look at my life. God asks me to drive everything unholy from my life, and what do I do? I pull a Judah. I allow things that should have been gone a long time ago to sit and fester within me, causing a huge problem. Just as the Jebusites will later convince the Israelites to worship false gods, the wrongs within me are daily convincing me that there's no hope and I might as well give in. If I don't purge my system, it will eat away at me from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment