3/8/09

Day 35 - March 8/09

Judges 13-15

Samson is born, raised, and always seems keen to get himself into trouble. In chapters 14 and 15, he marries a Philistine woman and is deceived by her at his wedding feast. In his anger against those who ask her to betray him, Samson kills thirty men and goes up to his father's house. When he returns for his wife, she has been given away to his friend as a wife. Samson deems himself righteously angry and goes on a killing spree.

Samson chose to do wrong over and over again, such as when he married a woman from the culture his people were enslaved to. He liked the way she looked and chose to base everything on that.

So often I am caught up in my own thoughts and how I feel, but I forget to get God's opinion. He probably knows better than I do what would be good for me.

God, help me to trust you and go with the feelings you give me, not my own selfish feelings. Give me strength when stuff sucks, and when things are beyond my control.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment