3/22/09

Day 41 - March 22/09

John

This has actually taken the last few days while I was gone on retreat. What I love so much about John is the eloquent way he presents everything about Jesus. He does not seem rushed to fill every page of every book about everything Jesus ever did, but rather to put out the knowledge that there is a Saviour and He has come.

Every time I read John, I am once again astounded by its difference from the rest of the Gospels. Rather than facts or events or specifics, he is concerned with recording Jesus' words, because to him they seemed to be the most important.

I fall short of how God wants me to live every day. I read the story of Jesus, how amazing He was, and I am blown away...yet I can't seem to turn that into more positive life change. I think I'm in a rut that only He can pull me out of.

God, I want to draw closer to you. I don't know how to pin down what it is that's holding me back, or how to let go of those things, but I know that You're the only answer. Help me to take these words and take them to heart. I don't want to lose them in the mess of everything else.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment