3/18/09

Day 40 - March 18/09

Judges 21

More things happen to end off judges, such as the stealing of virgin girls from other cities for the Benjamites, and the book ends with the same verse: "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit" (21:25).

There was no leader/mentor/guide to bring the people into a place of rightness with God. They did whatever they wanted because they did not feel accountable to God. Samson was the last of the judges, and even he did not do right in the sight of God.

Sometimes I wonder if I need a mentor or someone over me to keep me accountable to God, or if I just need to be reading the Bible more often and praying. I'm going to start reading The Divine Mentor soon, and I hope that will shed some light on this issue for me.

God, I've given certain things into Your hands, and I'm trusting You with them. Please keep them safe.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment