3/13/09

Day 38 - March 13/09

Judges 19

A Levite is staying in Gibeah when the house he is staying at is surrounded by the men of the city who demand to have sex with him. Instead, his concubine is tossed out and they rape her and she dies. In retaliation, he sends a piece of her body to each of the tribes of Israel.

This is only the precursor of the full story, but it just amazes me how such little value was put on the concubine. Although she was only a concubine, her life was considered forfeit.

How do I apply this to me? My life is supposed to be forfeit to God, dying to myself daily. I don't want to be literal with the story, but shouldn't I consider my life as nothing if it means serving Him? I don't know, that's the best I got.

God, show me Your purposes and plans. Help me to daily die to myself and live fully for you. And help me to prioritize in these stressful times.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment