3/27/09

Day 43 - March 27/09

Ruth 2

For no apparent reason, Boaz, a wealthy relative, takes notice of Ruth. When he realizes who she is, she is given more than what she deserves and is protected from danger.

Normally for young women it would have been very dangerous to do what she was doing, in following the plowers to pick up the gleanings. The men who did the plowing often "harmed" those young women if they weren't servants in the owner's household. Ruth was done a very great kindness by being allowed what she was, especially as a foreigner.

I don't think I often enough notice the people who are off to the side, in the background. And even if I do, I am not quick enough to help them and be kind. I want that to change.

God, open my eyes to the hurting people around me and give me grace for them even when I don't think they deserve it. Show me how to love the way that You have loved me.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment