1/22/09

Day 8 - January 22/09

Joshua 9

Hearing about what the Israelites did to Jericho, the inhabitants of Gibeon tricked Joshua into making a covenant with them to spare their lives. The leaders of Israel did not consult with God first, but hastily made the treaty. When Joshua found out about their lies and questioned the men of Gibeon, they responded that they were in fear of God and had not wanted to die. In response, Joshua cursed them to a life of slavery.

Joshua makes a huge mistake as a leader under God's direction: not taking God's direction. It's not even that he ignores God's orders, but rather decides to rely on his own intellect instead of God's knowledge.

God knows so much better than me what is good for me. Even if all appearances point to a certain thing making me happy, God knows if it really will in the long run. I can choose something for my life right now that will be destructive in the end, but God has everything under His watch and He knows all before it happens.
So why can't I trust him?

No comments:

Post a Comment