1/28/09

Day 12 - January 28/09

Psalm 62

"My soul waits in silence for God only" (62:1).

David is waiting for something. He's not quite sure what shape his refuge and salvation will take, but he knows that it will only come from God. At one point he is commanding his soul to wait on God alone, because it is only He who brings hope.

David had the right idea. He knew that putting trust in money or people or the rulers of this earth would never be a firm foundation.

My favourite part is when David says: "He only...is my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken" (62:2). He doesn't try to pretend that he will never be shaken by the troubles that come into his path, but He knows that because God is what he can hold onto, he will never be greatly shaken.

When I read this psalm, I get a peace inside me in a place that I sometimes forget exists. It's somewhere between my heart and my soul, where only God knows the password. When I finally invite Him over, He comes in and brings with Him the most wonderful feeling of wholeness. I want my soul to only ever long for Him. I am going to make it my mission to only ever long for Him in that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment