1/26/09

Day 11 - January 26/09

Joshua 12 & 13

The first chapter is simply an impressive list of all the kings that the Israelites, under Moses and Joshua, have defeated. Because Joshua is getting old, God commands that all the land be divided amongst the tribes. He reiterates the division of the land across the Jordan for the Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh. After He has laid these boundaries out, He once again says:
"But to the tribe of Levi, Moses did not give an inheritance; the Lord, the God of Israel, is their inheritance, as He had promised to them."

I don't want to take this verse out of context, and I definitely don't want to be applying something that isn't there, but when I read this verse, I see something that I've never seen before. God gives us Himself as our inheritance. His eternal kingdom is our inheritance. And, like the other tribes received, I think sometimes God gives us a piece of land. He says: "Leanne, I've given you ________ (any given place, let's say Surrey), and the people who live here are under your responsibility. Help them find Me." Am I crazy to think this?

I think God loves it when I am so wrapped up in Him that I forget about the gifts He gives; when I seek His face and not His hand. He has been teaching me this so much lately. I want to be looking for who He is, not what He is doing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment