12/22/10

Day 35

I do devotions. Look at me go.


Jn. 9-11

John 9:25 - "He therefore answered, 'Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.'"
Sometimes experience is not such a bad thing to base faith on. Would this man ever have believed had he not been healed? We'll never know. But Jesus didn't do signs and wonders for fun, but to bring hope and faith and glory to God. This man knew he would be thrown out of the synagogue and society for such a statement, but the evidence of his healing compelled him. It is not so bad to ask for miracles.

John 11:35 - "Jesus wept."
Not quaint, not funny. He was real. He had a heart and emotions and compassion. His friend died and He mourned with everyone else, even while knowing He was about to raise Lazarus. This makes me believe that even knowing the good that will come of hard situations, He feels my pain with me. He may not be rocked by emotions or situations, but He is a relational, living God.


Catch-up:
Mt. 4

Matthew 4:17 - "From that time Jesus began to preach and say, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"
These were Jesus' first words that He taught. He did not ask them to love or say that He loved or anything of the sort...He told them to repent. He asked for them to turn from themselves and the world so that they were facing Him with open hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment