12/10/10

Day 29

2 Tim. 1-4

2 Timothy 1:11 - "...[the gospel], for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher."
Boom! It's like the parable of the talents, there is not just one gift for everyone. I hate feeling like I should feel guilty for having more than one. Sick, Paul. Sick.

2 Timothy 2:24 - "And the Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged...."
Ah, a challenge. How to be patient when wronged? Extremely, extremely difficult.

2 Timothy 4:7 - "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith."
Every time I see this verse it reminds me of a frame that someone I know has in her house with this verse in it to commemorate her husband who died. It's bittersweet...the verse. The story is only sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment