12/20/10

Day 34

I have been the worst. But hello! Christmas break. It'll happen.
And even if I mess up, I will not get down on myself for it.
The end.


Jn. 7, 8

John 7:18 - "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."
Jesus sought the Father's glory in all actions and deeds. If there be any selfish way in me then it is for my own glory, even if the words are true and noble; it is the heart behind them that counts.

John 7:30 - "They were seeking therefore to seize Him; and no man laid his hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come."
God's perfect provision and timing are so evident here. Jesus went up to a festival He knew He shouldn't be at because they were seeking to kill Him and there were lots of men there who were angry enough to kill Him for His teachings, yet they could do nothing because His time had not yet come. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is not just a figure of speech.

John 8:11 - "And she said, 'No one, Lord.' And Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you; go your way. From now on sin no more.'"
This passage touches me so much it's unbelievable. Things to notice:
  1. She did not ask forgiveness. She did not beg from what we can see, she only awaited judgment knowing she was in the wrong.
  2. So many people put stock in what He wrote in the sand that we will never know, but most important are His words. It says that they heard Him and left. Heard.
  3. He simply told her to go on and stop sinning. There was no condemnation or guilt trips or probationary periods. He wanted her heart to change.
He forgives, then forgets. What a God.


Catch-up:
Mt. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment