12/16/10

Day 32

I am making this happen! I have studying to do, but this is more important. It has to be.


Jas. 1-5

James 1:4 - "And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
Ah, to endure! The bane of my existence lately. But I need to. And imagine, at the end, being perfect, complete, mature, not lacking. It will be worth it in the end.

James 1:20 - "For the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."
Big lesson. My anger accomplishes nothing for His righteousness. That's a hard one to swallow.

James 4:3 - "You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures."
We like to quote "Ask and you will receive...", but this one is not as popular. My motives are rarely completely pure. I would love to change that.

James 4:17 - "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do, and does not do it, to him it is sin."
Wow. Harsh. Difficult to digest. Now that I am aware of certain things in my life I have to abstain from, they become sin for me to take part in. I do not know how to fight that...God, I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment