12/1/10

Day 23

I am getting increasingly frustrated with myself and the way I spend my time. I seriously need to get my life on track.


Rom. 1-4

Romans 1:22, 23a - "Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man...."
Wisdom of men calls for men to worship themselves. Wisdom of the world makes us to worship things that can be understood in the world, expressed in images that we know. But it is the foolish things that shame the wise. God is incorruptible, and yet we are all the time choosing to trust in those things that are corruptible instead.

Romans 2:7 - "...to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life."
Persevere. When we do, we receive the crown of life. Sounds familiar...Revelation anyone?

Romans 2:29 - "But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God."
Who cares about what is on the outside if the inside is not taken care of? Who wants a delicious looking sandwich if all the ingredients inside are moldy? I think Jesus spoke on this once...Pharisees, wash the inside of your cups instead of just the outside!

Romans 3:27 - "When then is boasting? It has been excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith."
There is nothing to boast in if we cannot earn our salvation! Even if we choose it and God did not choose us, there is room for boasting. But there I go, getting "too controversial" again. Heh, but this is my blog, suckas! He chose me, therefore no boasting. End of my story, anyway.

Romans 3:31 - "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law."
I am so tired of people saying that Jesus' death cancels out the Law! It doesn't! He kept telling people "You have heard this, but I tell you this." He wasn't nullifying anything, but going deeper into the Law. Faith is without legalism of the Law, yes. Faith, however, does not cancel out the Law. When we live in faith, we practice the Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment