12/5/10

Day 27

Eph. 5, 6; Ps. 119:1-80

Ephesians 5:33 - "Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband."
So to those who say that a man needs love as much as respect or a woman respect as much as love, the Bible apparently begs to differ. These are the essentials.

Ephesians 6:15 - "...and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace...."
Before I go anywhere, I put on shoes. At least anywhere I'm serious about. The preparation of the gospel. Hm. I need to know it to be prepared in it. And that is what carries me through the battle.

Psalm 119:71 - "It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Thy statutes."
Ah, the "for your own good" thing again. It's true. In my afflictions is when I learn the most. In my failures, I learn what it is He desires of me.


Catch-up:
Mk. 13, 14

**Note: it says Jesus will come to collect His elect after the tribulation. After. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment